Benefits Back to top
#Being a prison officer is a challenging but highly rewarding job. As well as the satisfaction of making a significant impact on one of society’s most intractable problems, you will gain attributes and experience that will make you stand out from any crowd.
The Unlocked Graduates leadership development programme also offers a wide range of benefits. We have been in the Times Top 100 jobs since 2019 when we were the highest new entrant. Our programme comes with the following comprehensive package of benefits:
- Starting salary £23,000-£30,000 (dependent on location)
- Ongoing mentoring and continuing professional development
- Work placement opportunities with employers outside the prison sector
- Fully-funded, bespoke Master’s degree focused on leadership and rehabilitation
- Opportunity to influence Government by contributing a policy paper
- Further career opportunities in a range of industries, including government and public policy, law, consultancy, and many others
- Deferred entry partner with the Civil Service Fast Stream
- Preferential access to corporate partner schemes
- Career support after programme is completed
- Opportunity to experience different prisons through the Prison Exchange programme
#Unlocked Ambassador Derren talks about the benefits she gained from Unlocked
The development and experience you will gain from the programme are highly valued by potential future employers – including our partner organisations who offer work placements for Unlocked prison officers.
To find out more about our work placement opportunities, click here.