Why work for Unlocked? Back to top
Unlocked offers the satisfaction of working for a high performing and exciting organisation which is actively making an impact on one of the most challenging social justice issues which exists in our society today.
We want Unlocked to be a great place to work. What we are doing is difficult. We have high levels of challenge, and to make sure we achieve what we need to, we need excellent people who will welcome the opportunity to become brilliant at what they can offer the organisation as well as come up with great ideas to make us better. Because our organisation is small, the scope of work is comparatively large compared to most similar organisations. This means you will have more opportunities and get more senior experience than in a bigger organisation.
We are dedicated to our staff’s well-being and development. I want the people who work for us to achieve great things and feel supported throughout their time at Unlocked.Bodil Isaksen, COO
- Time and flexibility: 27 days annual leave plus (by CEO discretion) office typically closes from 25 December to 1 January. We support flexible working depending on the needs of the role – our team can work when and where works best to deliver the requirements of their role.
- Pension: We offer 10 per cent employer contribution even if you make no employee contribution. You can also opt to pay more by salary sacrifice if you wish.
- Wellbeing: We offer all staff access to an Employee Assistance Programme, monthly employee coaching from Sanctus and a team of Mental Health First Aiders on our staff.
- Health: We offer a discounted gym and fitness membership through Gympass. You can also opt to reduce the employer pension contributions to nine per cent in exchange for a £30 a month gym membership subsidy. Cycle to work scheme.
- Development: We want all of our team to understand our mission and the challenges facing prison officers. You will have opportunities to attend study days with our participants and visit prisons to really understand our work. We believe in supporting people to develop the skills they need to be excellent – whether this means funding external training, finding a mentor to support them or giving them the time to learn from others in the organisations through our regular CPD sessions.
- Volunteering: Want to volunteer as a trustee or in some other capacity for a mission-aligned organisation? We support our team to take on these commitments without taking annual leave
Our staff also tell us they like:
- Modern and professional centrally located offices in London, Manchester and Birmingham including perks like free coffee and fruit deliveries.
- For staff working at home, we support them to create a workspace and provide technology that enables them to work effectively.
- Regular opportunities to get together as a whole staff and in your team, including away days, social events and other development events.