Hints and tips
Unlocked is a new programme and a dramatically different proposition from many graduate opportunities. Here’s some advice on how to make the best of your application.
Our selection process is designed to test your potential, so don’t worry if you are not the finished product at this stage. In order to improve your chances of success, we recommend the following:
- Understand the role – read the website and case studies of people involved in the prison system thoroughly and think carefully about your reasons for applying to the programme
- Assess the attributes – you may have experience of demonstrating some of these qualities in the past. If you don’t, think about how you would apply your skill set to demonstrating these core attributes.
- Take your time – don’t rush your application form. Think about each question and use all the space and words provided to clearly articulate your experiences and strengths
- Prepare well – find out more about the role and life in prisons in advance of the assessment centre and think of any questions that you may have. This is also your opportunity to find out more.
- Be professional – come to the assessment centre dressed appropriately, on time and behave in a professional manner.
- Relax – you will perform at your best if you are calm and relaxed. The assessment centre is designed to challenge you so make sure you are rested and ready for the day.
- Be organised – remember to bring any required documentation with you on the day as this will help you to feel relaxed and prepared.